Jason Gadd is married to Laura Chesney-Gadd, and has been part of the Hopkins Community for over 25 years. He has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, with a minor in Communication Studies. Jason is a Senior Business Analyst with Ameriprise Financial, Inc. He was elected Mayor in 2019 and serves on multiple area boards and councils.
Elected as Hopkins Mayor 2019
Metro Cities Board Member (2019-present)Represents Hopkins on Southwest LRT Corridor Management Committee (2014-present)Represented Hopkins on Southwest LRT Hennepin County Community Works Council (2012-2014)
“[Jason] leads this great community with compassion and a true commitment to hearing from all voices. I appreciate that [Jason] trusts both the technical experts as well as the community experts, and I know that [his] decisions are always in the long term best interests of Hopkins.” — Meg Beekman, Hopkins resident
Community & Civic Involvement
- Member as owner of NexGen Associates (2002-2016)
- Board Member (2004-2009)
- President (2006-2007)
- Music in the Park Committee (2004-2012)
- Hopkins Health Fair Event Committee (2006-2008)
- JCI (Jaycees)Member of JCI Hopkins (1995-2012)
- JCI Hopkins President (1998)
- JCI Minnesota State President (2009)
- Co-Founder – Hopkins Marketing Task Force (2003-2005)
- THINK Hopkins Marketing Team (2006-present)
- Early Childhood Coalition (2007-2011)
- Co-Founder & Event Coordinator – Hopkins Heritage Celebration (2003-2007)
- Friends of the Center for the Arts (2008-2010)
Jason was named Person of the Year by the Hopkins Business & Civic Association in 2004
In recognition of service to Hopkins and the Jaycees, Jason was recognized as one of the Ten Outstanding Young Minnesotans by the Minnesota Jaycees in 2006.
In 2017, Jason was inducted into the Minnesota Jaycees Hall of Leadership for applying the knowledge and leadership learned through his involvement with the Jaycees to his experience serving as Council Member, where he demonstrated continued excellence in leadership, in business and in service to the Hopkins community.